Section for our foreign language guests
Odpowiedz

Tomaszewski/Laskowski from Chelmno- but which Chelmno??

31 paź 2012, 17:35

Hello! My name is David Dufresne. I am from America. I am studying to be a Catholic priest in Rome. While I am in Europe, my family wants me to look at our history. We know that our family comes from a town called Chelmno in Poland. However, since there are three cities with this name, we do not know which one. Can you help us?

We last relatives who lived in Chelmno before coming to the United States were Pawel Tomaszewski (born 1846), who married Antonina Laskowski (b. 1853). They had five children in Chelmno named Walter, John, Sophie, Marie, and Bronislawa (b. 1970).

If we can determine which city our family came from, I will come during my Christmas break from the seminary and try to find out more information.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. May God bless you!

sincerely,
David Dufresne

Re: Tomaszewski/Laskowski from Chelmno- but which Chelmno??

02 lis 2012, 12:37

Hello,

We may well assume your town is the Chelmno located North of Torun and Bydgoszcz. However, this reference would also be used in the sense of the county/district of Chelmno which comprised at least 17 parishes so all of them should be checked. Their records are kept at the Diocesan Archives in Torun and in most part also have been microfilmed by the Mormons. If you are ever interested in more info, please contact me under lucas.bielecki@gmail.com

Regards,
Odpowiedz